Monday, November 17, 2008

Reflection on the Movie and the Book: Balzac and the Little Seamstress

Both the movie and the book, Balzac and the Little Seamstress, are really impressive in their own ways. When I read the book, it was good to imagine the outlooks of the characters, the situations and the background. I felt more creative while I read the book. And in my opinion, book was more describtive so I could be aware of the situations and events more.
However, when I watched the movie, it was very interesting to watch how the actors and actress are acting the characters in their interpretations. Also, to watch the scenes in specific places with the characters was helpful to understand the story. But the movie's story was slightly different from the book. So, I was kind of confused. Especially, the concluding part was very different becuase the story which is happening in the future was added in the movie. I think it is a good idea to show the audience Ma and Luo's future. However, I strongly believe that if the movie was made based on the book, the movie should not change the sotry.
Overall, both of movie and the book are well made and well written. But I like the book version better because I like to imaginate while I read the book. I do not want to limit myself watching the movies.

No comments: